Wisconsin’s Leading Commercial Security Systems Installer
Martin Systems has protected Wisconsin businesses since 1974 while building our name as a trusted and innovative security partner. We utilize relationship-driven technical experience to give our owners and contractors a partner they can count on – now and in the future.
At the heart of everything we do is the desire to protect what means the most to you and your business. With a combination of the best people and the latest technology, we can engineer and protect business customers of all sizes with the best commercial security solutions.
Whether Buying or Installing Surveillance Cameras…Going Cookie-Cutter is a Liability
Each application will dictate what type of surveillance camera should be used. Different applications may require other manufacturers, megapixels, technology, or features.
A few things to consider when purchasing a commercial security camera system:
- Camera Placement
- Wired or Wireless
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Camera Housing
- Pixels Per Foot (PPF)
- Pixel Density
- Low Light Scenes
- Image Processing
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Focal Length
- Bright Light
- Lighting Changes
- Frame Rate
- Camera Form Factor
- Lens Quality
- Angle of Subject to Camera
- Megapixel 1080P, 4MP, 5MP, 8MP (4K)
- IR (Infrared) LED
- Video Compression
- Motion Activation
- Minimizing Compression
- DoF (Depth of Field)
Security Camera Placement
It Means Everything
You need experience, product knowledge, and geometry & algebra skills to get it right. The engineers at Martin Systems can help you get it right every single time!
HD IP Cameras
IP security cameras have become the norm in the security industry. Here are some facts about IP security cameras:
- Network cameras can use either a wired IP network or a wireless IP network.
- IP-based video surveillance can transport digital video, digital audio, and digital metadata.
- Power-over-Ethernet can power IP security cameras, or PoE, and a 12 volt DC adapter power cable.
- IP surveillance cameras can be monitored and recorded virtually from anywhere using a local area network (LAN) or a wide area network (WAN).
- Camera video can be stored at the camera via an onboard SD card, using network-attached storage (NAS) near the camera, or at the recorder (NVR), archived via a SAN, NAS, etc., recorded locally and managed in the cloud or on a managed recorder in the cloud.
- IP cameras can be programmed only to record an event, when scheduled and/or triggered.
- IP surveillance cameras can also be programmed via Intelligent Video Functionalities, allowing for video motion detection, active tampering alarm, audio detection, tripwire, and various 3rd party applications that can count people and heat map their activity.
- Additionally, HDTV IP security cameras have built-in processors that convert and compress the video stream before sending it to the Network Video Recorder (NVR or DVR).
High Definition Analog Cameras
HD Analog (HDCVI Technology) cameras over Coax. Here are some facts about HD Analog security cameras:
If you have an existing coaxial cable on your property, you do not need to change cabling for a new HD surveillance system. HD analog technology is a simple upgrade to HD (2MP, 5MP, or 4K) by using your existing legacy analog cabling.
Like with IP camera systems, you can record based on a motion event to save hard drive space, be notified when an event happens, and playback the video remotely from your smartphone or tablet.
HD Analog Camera Advantages
- They have a lower cost than IP cameras and do not need to be encoded.
- They use existing coaxial cable, have lower operational costs, and do not need to change cabling for an HD system.
- They have long-distance HD transmission up to 800 meters at 720p or 800m at 1080p, while IP cameras can transmit up to 100 meters.
- They also can send three signals over one coaxial cable; HD video, audio, and control data.
- Hybrid DVRs – Record HDCVI Analog cameras and IP cameras on the same DVR.
Enhance your video surveillance capabilities with video analytics. Our customers can benefit from efficient detection capabilities, resulting in fewer false alarms, missed incidents, and more effective investigative features. Get real-time video alerts when an incident happens.
We offer analytics embedded in the cameras themselves (Edge Devices), in the NVR, or on remote servers. We have analytic solutions for large, medium, and small businesses.
Motion Detection and People & Vehicle Tracking (PVT)
For motion detection, typically in areas that are supposed to be empty.
- After Hours
- Parking Lots
- Construction Sites
Virtual Tripwire or Fence
Protects you from attempts to pass a specific area where the direction of an person or object is important.
- Fenced-off area
- Entryway to a specific room
- Too close to the safe
Detect suspicious behavior in areas where loitering may pose a security issue.
- Suspicious bags left behind
- Loitering in specific areas at certain times
- Parks, Parking Lots, Loading Docks, etc.
License Plate Recognition (LPR) and Verifier (LPV)
Get alerts for unwanted vehicles on your property or wanted vehicles.
- Search for a wanted vehicle
- Vehicle Access Control
Get protected with a scalable intrusion detection system.
- Detects and classifies vehicles and humans
- PTZ Autotracking
Live Privacy Shield
Be able to monitor activities while safeguarding privacy. Dynamic masks can mask humans, faces, objects, or a background.
- When you need to address privacy laws and/or regulations
- Protect proprietary equipment
- Privacy for bystanders in investigations
Our Commercial Security Camera Testimonials
See what our commercial customers are saying about us!
“This was my first experience using Martin Systems for access control and security cameras. The team did an awesome job on my new facility project.”
“Martin Systems was very quick to respond to the service request we made and was able to dispatch a technician in a timely manner to resolve the issue.”
“The Service Techs that came out were fantastic. They were very nice to work with, and they did their job and did it well. They were trained very well to install the camera systems we needed and made suggestions to meet our needs better. We will continue to use Martin Systems as long as they are in the area. They have been our provider of security cameras inside and now outside our building for many years. They get a 5-star rating from us here.”
Gillett Area Ambulance Service Inc
“Upon having an issue with one of our cameras, Martin rapidly dispatched two techs to my location within 15 minutes. Once the techs arrived, they were quick to jump right into diagnostics and begin working on resolving the issue. They reported that the issue had been resolved within another 15 minutes. All this played to a ~30-minute issue resolution time from my initial email sent to the techs fixing the problem.
Thank you, Martin! “
SD Wheel Corp
“We have had Martin Systems for six years, and we decided to upgrade our cameras and put in an alarm system which has been working great. We can view our shop anytime on our computer and our smartphone. It has given us peace of mind that we can see what is happening whenever we are not there, and with the new cameras, we can see property clearly and with a longer range.”
James Welding & Truck Repair
“The cameras work great and the installers did a great job.”
De Pere, WI
“The technician came in to help. Our needs changed when he came on site, but he was able to work with our IT person and come up with a plan. He also looked at our door issue that didn’t have a latch and worked with Josh and me to come up with a plan.”
Green Bay Packaging
Green Bay, WI
“Upgraded the old analog system and connected it to the internet, installed two replacement cameras, and explained the new system. All work was done quickly and professionally, with no problems.”
Gillett Area Ambulance Service Inc
“I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the technician could arrive sooner than the scheduled appointment time for our annual system inspection. I was also very impressed that he took a little extra time to show me some tips and tricks about our camera system. Very happy with Martin Systems – as usual!”
Oconto Electric Coop
“They came in and looked over our whole school/church layout and gave us recommendations that fit our budget at the time. We are now up and running with a new camera system that is much easier to see than the old system, more reliable, and easier to use.“
St. Paul Lutheran Church and School
“The two technicians who came out were very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about our system. They were able to make some upgrades to our system and troubleshoot a problem in little to no time. Very satisfied with Martin Systems.”
City of Mayville Police Department
“The Martin Systems Team is responsive, professional, and friendly. No time is wasted answering any call for assistance with our security system – preceded by full details of who and when a technician will arrive. Excellent service!“
Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum
Two Rivers, WI
“The installers were good to work with and were very helpful in programming our computers and cellphones and very patient in training us in the use of the door lock and video systems. Also, anyone else that I contacted at Martin Systems was very helpful.“
First Covenant Church
Iron Mountain, WI
“We can always count on Martin Systems to do a professional job. They are quick to respond and extremely helpful.“
Brown County Historical Society & Historic Hazelwood
Green Bay, WI